Saturday 17 February 2007

The first and hopefully not the last!

Today was the first day in a few months I've actually ventured out into the garden! The main reason I haven't been out there before is that I'm expecting my third child in 10 weeks and due to hip pain, the cold, sickness etc etc etc I just haven't had the enthusiasm to go out.

However today the sun is shining, I have man help in the form of my wonderful husband and I really can't leave it any longer. It's lovely and warm outside and again for the first time in months I actually have the kitchen door open and I've turned the heating right down!

I think to start I need to work out what major works need doing, think about what I want to throw out, wonder how I'm going to get all the weeds away without drowning the garden in weedkiller and then have a cup of coffee :o)

I have photos which I shall add on tonight so you can see just how much work we have to get through. I'm hoping that at least by the summer the grassy area will be mostly grass, the beds shall be mostly cleared and fingers crossed really tightly that the new pond is done!

Also have some garlic and early potatoes to plant in the next couple of weeks and then I need to search through my seeds to see what we're going to be eating this year :o)

No comments: