Tuesday 20 February 2007

I don't like weekdays!

Mainly because I don't have my handyman around to help and I know if I do too much and injure myself I'll get shouted at. It's all mainly clearing the areas I want to use and planning what's going where.

Tempted now with square foot gardening if I can fit more into a small space. A trip to the library might be in order to see if they have any books on it. I can't even do any sowing which is my favourite bit as I'm not sure if the weather will change suddenly.

Might go and buy some gardening gloves today. I don't mind not using them when I'm planting but pulling up weeds without them is icky, especially if I touch a slug which will send me screaming down to the other end of the garden!

Also as a side thought if I have loads of frogs in the garden, why do I still manage to have loads of snails and slugs??? I have a feeling it's because of all the ivy on the wall which is being destroyed as we go...but it's still puzzling! Thought that frogs were supposed to love slugs and snails!

No comments: