Saturday 17 February 2007

Garlic planted and potatoes chitting away nicely!

That's one thing done today, although no photos because I thought the other half had taken some good ones but they both have me in and at 30 weeks pregnant I look like a huge lump so you can't actually see what I've done behind me!

In a couple of weeks though the early potatoes (Pentland Javelin) will be ready to plant into bin sacks and then hopefully 3 months later they'll be ready to harvest...yum!

Not quite sure when the garlic (Garlic Arno - medium flavour) will be ready (as in weeks/months) because I've never grown it before and it doesn't say on the packet! Although I can't wait because I loooooooooove garlic.

Tonight I'm searching through the seeds that have been left outside over winter and seem to be intact...well the foil packets are but not most of the paper because the mice have been having fun. So I need to look up a lot of the seed details so I know what I'm doing with them! Also have some left over from last year and for some reason the packets I'd emptied got wet and all stuck together so I can't read them anyway!

No comments: