Thursday 22 February 2007

My lawn plan!

After walking around the garden and thinking what a muddy patch my lawn is I've decided to get rid of most of it! I have talked to the children about it as I think lawns are mainly for children to run around on and they agree with me!

So I'm shrinking the lawn to a small patch which hopefully will be easier to keep green and the rest is either being barked or made into flower beds. The trampoline will be put in a permanent place with half of it buried in the ground (the ground we dig out will be used in our raised beds) and a fence put around with climbers growing up. Under the swing area will be bark and next to that will be a den for the children. A path will go through the garden to the back area and I'm thinking of putting arches over some of it for added interest.

Hopefully it'll look a lot better and in the winter I can more easily fence the lawn off from the dog so I don't end up with holes and muddy patches!

No comments: